Due to the ongoing situation regarding COVID-19, we have had to cancel our trekking expeditions for 2020 and this year's school graduates are still waiting to go home to parents they haven't seen for more than a decade.
However we remain in regular contact with the young people and school community we support.
We aim to send the young people home with our local Nepali team as soon as possible and in accordance with Coronavirus regulations and guidelines.
Our expeditions for international trekkers will resume in 2021.
These are the young people who are waiting to go home
We are fundraising to help the school, graduates who are now out of work due to lockdown and the villagers whose supplies have been restricted.
You can register now for the trek to help get the 2021 graduates home.
LIFE IN LOCKDOWN
Whilst they wait to go home to reconnect with their families, the older kids are helping the younger ones and keeping them busy with projects... One of the students has made a film to give an update into their daily life...
Trekking & Expedition Customers Information on Coronavirus, August 2020
With the changing situation regarding the current COVID-19 outbreak, disruptions to your travel may occur. This page will be updated with the latest information regarding your Snowland Journeys expedition, in order to ensure you’re prepared and informed about any changes.
If your expedition is impacted by COVID-19 related travel restrictions we will contact you.
For expeditions departing on or after 1st September the following applies:
Should the UK FCO, global or local health authorities advise against travel or impose severe restrictions on movement within a country, we will amend itineraries or cancel or suspend trips as needed, offering flexibility to transfer your travel plans to a future date or alternative trip free of charge (subject to any difference in published costs) or, if this isn’t suitable, we can offer a Refund Credit Note, valid for bookings made by 30th November 2021.
We will always follow UK FCO advice, and we will not operate expeditions to areas where the advice is against all non-essential travel.
Decisions about whether we can operate upcoming trips are made on a rolling basis, as the advice can change at any time. Where the advice for a country is temporarily against all non-essential travel, we will not normally make changes to tours more than 6 weeks before the date of travel.
Keeping you safe while on our expeditions:
We have provided written advice to our in-country partners so they can be vigilant about potential exposure to the virus for themselves and for group members, they can be aware of the symptoms and be aware of the standard protective measures should they be required.
We are asking all clients travelling on our trips to self-screen in advance of travel to ensure they do not join a trip after being exposed to a higher than expected risk of infection
We will cancel or amend trips if required to ensure your safety.
We request that any of our clients who have any reason to believe they may have a higher than expected risk of infection to contact us to discuss suitable actions. This includes people who believe they may have been close to an infected person in their country of residence or abroad.
Various countries to which we operate are amending their entry requirements in relation to travel from (or a recent visit to) higher risk locations.
While we will endeavour to inform customers of any significant changes as much as possible, we may not be aware of your recent travel history before joining your trip. Therefore all travellers are requested to check entry requirements to their intended destination to ensure they meet any requirement that may have been put in place. We recommend your own government’s travel advisory service information for your destination country – for the UK, the FCO Travel Advice; for Ireland, the Department of Foreign Affairs; for the US, the State Department Travel Advisory; for Canada, Travel Advice & Advisories; for Australia, the Smart Traveller information service; for New Zealand, it’s SafeTravel.
Updates will be added to this web page as and when they become available.
NO CHANGE FEES: BOOKINGS MADE FROM 1ST JULY 2020
Book With confidence: Change your booking without penalty up to 4 weeks before departure on selected trips (see exceptions listed below).
Due to ongoing uncertainty following to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, many of our customers will still be concerned about making travel plans that they subsequently need to change.
We have decided to continue to offer a level of extra flexibility to customers booking their travel from 1st July 2020.
You can book your expedition with no change fees up to 4 weeks before departure, and this applies to any booking made for departure up to 31st December 2021, so you can get your travel plans in the diary sooner rather than later.
We hope this will help to give you the confidence to keep making plans to take adventures and explore the world the active way. Our purpose is: “to enable Himalayan children to maintain contact with their families, alongside their right to education, develop livelihoods for mountain communities, and provide meaningful exploration for international trekkers and school groups”, and we intend to keep doing that.
Applicable to all new bookings made from 1st July 2020.
Up to 2 changes per booking allowed.
Changes can be made up to 4 weeks before departure.
Changes possible for travel up until 31 December 2021.
New travel dates subject to availability.
If the trip cost for new travel dates is more than the previous travel dates, this will be added to the final balance.
If the trip cost of re-booked arrangements is less, Snowland Journeys will refund the difference.
Snowland Journeys reserve the right to stop offering this policy at any point in future. We have not set an end date, but we may revert to our standard booking conditions at any time. This no change fee policy will continue to apply to all bookings made whilst the policy was in place.
All other standard booking conditions apply to all bookings.